HOMESTUDIES COMPLETED: 436
YEARS EXPERIENCE: 16
International Adoption Overview
What We Do
St. Elizabeth│Coleman offers five distinct services that are vital steps to your adoption.
- Home Studies: The home study process usually takes an average of 3-6 months from start to finish. The goal of the home study is to certify that your family is educated and financially, physically, and emotionally prepared for the adoption. SEC is COA accredited to complete a Hague Compliant home study against the most stringent country requirements as described by the Department of Homeland Security/USCIS. We are happy to work with an agency of your choosing to complete your dossier.
- Education /Advocacy: SEC is a neutral party in your adoption journey. This allows us to educate you on the process you will go through from an unbiased perspective, and help provide a REALISTIC perspective on your unique adoption plan.. Our primary goal, as your advocate, is to educate you toward the best country and agency to meet your specific family.
- Transracial/ Transcultural Training: Continuing education is required for most countries that have international adoption programs. SEC offers a variety of educational opportunities. The Transracial/Transcultural training is a day-long event that explores the obstacles associated with raising a child of another culture/race.
- Post placement: Post placement visits and reports are required for all families who complete an international adoption. The number of visits varies by country and the reports are sent back to the country as evidence of our support after the child is placed. During these visits, education and advocacy continue as your family is in full transition.
- Lifetime commitment: In order to support all the developmental phases, we promise to provide therapy, guidance, and advocacy for the entire life of our families.
We have served 31 different countries (complete list here). We are open to working with other countries in addition to the ones we have already worked with.
Contact Nadja Radtke to express your interest at (317) 787-3412 or fill out the following form with your questions and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Once initial contact has been made, specifics will be set. The first steps will be an application and orientation meeting, followed by the home study.