Adoption Information Meeting
This meeting is the starting point of your Adoption journey. We will be going over St. Elizabeth|Coleman Adoption policies, procedures, fees, etc. We will also be giving you your application and initial paperwork. To see if you are eligible to adopt from our agency, check our Domestic Adoption Page.
What is new about this training is that International will be a new highlight of this event. We will even have at least three keynote speakers providing more information about International Services at St. Elizabeth| Coleman. Check our International Adoption Page.
Need to know
- Usually lasts about 2 hours
- Please park in the North parking lot
- Use the Conference Room door at the rear of the building.
- This time you must RSVP call 317-787-3412
- As space is limited we will not be able to accommodate children
If you have any further questions contact Renee Hummel at 317-787-3412(ext 15) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Keynote Speaker for GIM Training
Betty Betz, MBA
International Programs Case Manager
AD, Indiana University; BS & MBA University of Southern Indiana
Ms. Betz serves as a case manager for the international programs. She adopted her daughter through the China Waiting Child program in 2003 and worked for Families Thru International Adoption from January 2006 through December 2013. She comes from Evansville, Indiana, where she was active in a local Families Adopting Children Everywhere support group and formed the first Families with Children from China (FCC) group in her city. Ms. Betz has been a strong advocate for special needs and older child adoption and feels blessed to be able to help children find their forever families.
Transracial / Transcultural Training
This training is for any adoptive parent (and their families) considering adopting a child of a race or ethnicity different than their own. It is open to clients of all agencies not just St. Elizabeth|Coleman. Katrina Carlisle leads this training and shares her experiences parenting two children born in South Korea.
Training will consist of
- Tips for addressing racism and prejudices
- Tips for responding to comments and questions
- Tips for helping your child feel comfortable with themselves, family, and cultural identity
- Panel of adult adoptees speaking about their experiences growing up in a racially diverse family
Need to know
- Each participate will receive a certificate for 5 hours of training
- $20 fee per person ($10 for those adopting through St. Elizabeth|Coleman and free to all grandparents)
- Fee is payable at the door by cash or personal check
- Light refreshments are served; no lunch provided
All Day Adoption Training
At this training, members of our adoption team will be providing information about all aspects of Adoption in an educational, fun and interactive way. We will share ideas and suggestions on how to talk to your child about adoption.
If you have completed the following steps, you will be invited to this training
- Attended our Domestic Adoption Information Meeting
- Met with the Director of Adoption Services, Renee Hummel, for an interview