What are my options if I think I may be pregnant?
Do you think you may be pregnant?
We want to help you make the right decision for you and your child. There are many decisions you will need to make and we can help you along the way.
St. Elizabeth/Coleman offers comprehensive services for all teens and women experiencing unintended pregnancies.
- Adoption education
- Accurate information on your different parenting choices
- Community referrals for medical, financial, and emotional needs
Contact us at 317-787-3412 or 1-888-459-0049 or e-mail us for confidential help 24 hours a day. One of our trained counselors will help answer your questions.
Do I have to be Catholic to use your services?
No. St.Elizabeth|Coleman is rooted in catholic tradition and part of Catholic Charities of Indianapolis. However, we work with many different faiths. We believe in serving all members of our community regardless of their religious beliefs.
What is the adoption process like for birth parents?
For Birth Mothers
“Some things are impossible to undo. But that doesn’t mean you’re out of possibilities.”
Tonya (age 19)
If you are experiencing an unintended pregnancy, you are not alone. If you are feeling overwhelmed, we understand. St. Elizabeth/Coleman is here to help mothers make the decision that is right for both the parent and the baby.
We offer the following services to help:
- Free and confidential services for birth mothers
- Lifetime Counseling
- Pregnancy-related financial assistance for mothers choosing adoption
- Choice of adoptive parents’ profiles
- Highly qualified and caring professional staff
- Support and adoption planning for pregnant women, birth parents and adoptive parents
- 110 years of experience
- Choice of open, semi-open to closed adoptions
- Adoption Search program
Please call 1-888-459-0049 or e-mail Pregnancy and Adoption Counselors any time of day or night.
What is the adoption process like for adoptive parents?
For Adoptive Parents
We understand that adopting a child to complete your family is an emotional experience. The staff of St. Elizabeth/Coleman wants to ensure that you are offered support, care and compassion throughout the entire process. We offer the following services to help with this momentous event:
- An Adoptive Parent(s) Preparation program to ensure a complete adoption process.
- Counseling and support for families wishing to adopt children with medical needs, and transracial and transcultural adoptions.
- Adoption home studies for relative and step-parent adoptions, as well as, home studies for international adoption
Why should I choose St. Elizabeth/Coleman Pregnancy and Adoption Services?
St. Elizabeth/Coleman is a fully-licensed, nonprofit adoption agency providing full-service birth parent and adoptive parent preparation and support for domestic, transracial, medical needs and international adoptions.
There are emotional, physical and spiritual needs for both birth parents and adoptive parents. Through our professional and caring staff, we are committed to offering a full range of services in order to best serve all parents and to serve the best interests of the children.
St. Elizabeth/Coleman is committed to providing stable, loving and safe homes to infants and children.