Cheryl, Parent Support Group Leader
Cheryl is a consultant that cames in once a month for group meetings
Cheryl Garlinger, Pregnancy Counselor email@example.com
2500 Churchman Avenue
Indianapolis, IN, 46203 USA
Parent Support Group
Our agency offers a Parent Support Group for women who are struggling with life's challenges. Originally, this group was formed to better serve women requesting material assistance from our agency by offering them further parenting and educational support thru a group setting. We also invite our pregnant clients to join this group.
The goal of the Parent Support Group is to provide support to mothers by presenting educational topics related to parenting (such as Budgeting Tips, Higher Education Options Job Search, Childcare, Child Abuse Prevention, Child Development, Nutrition & Exercise, Cooking & Recipes). In addition, we provide the women with emotional support and encourage them to support each other. The Parent Support group is an ongoing, open group that meets monthly. Attendees are allowed to bring their young children to the group meetings. A play area is provided at one end of the meeting room. Support group members also receive donations, such as household items, diapers/wipes, children's clothing and toiletries.
Please call (317-787-3412) or email Cheryl, the group leader, if you would like more information about the group or if you are interested in joining our Parent Support Group.
How to request donations
The donations program is referral based only and delievery is not provided*.
The referral can come from a caseworker or social worker you are already working with, or your/your child's, doctors office and must be sent before the client comes to pick up donation items.
When supplies are ready, (usually within 7-14 days), agency will call client with pickup details; items must be picked up within 1-2 weeks. No walk-in assistance is available.
Please call Christine at 317-787-3412 for any questions regarding our Donation Program.
Other Local Assistance
- Life Choices Care Center (Greenfield): Free pregnancy test, and counseling for men and women
- Pregnancy Choices Indy (many locations): Pregnancy testing and free ultrasounds, as well as service referrals
- Birthline (Indianapolis): Provide material assistance to pregnant women and new mothers
- Crisis (Indianapolis): Food pantry, clothing, gas vouchers, bus tickets, limited rent & utilities assistance for emergencies.
- Womens Care Center (many locations): Free pregnancy testing, free ultrasounds, and more
- O'Connor House (Carmel): Maternity home for single pregnant women over the age of 18
- Project Home Indy (Indianapolis): Maternity home for single pregnant women between 15 and 19 years old
- St. Elizabeth Catholic Charities (New Albany): Offer a variety of assistance including maternity home and counseling