Post Adoption for a Birthmother
I placed my child for adoption…….Now What?
Here's a list of things to expect after making an adoption plan with us.
- Your Baby goes home with the adoptive couple directly from hospital
- You can receive updates & pictures from the adoptive couple soon after placement
- If desired, visits with the adoptive couple can be scheduled soon after placement
- The agency can assists with communication between you and the adoptive couple
- You are offered FREE adoption-related life-long counseling. Our counselors are trained in adoption grief / loss counseling
- Your feelings toward the adoption will change over time, therefore we offer life-long counseling. We offer 2 options for counseling:
1) Individual Counseling and / or
2) Birthmother Support Group (where women who share the same experience, receive mutual support from one another with the help of a professional counselor).
- If desired, you can communicate with another birthmother that has placed a child for adoption with our agency, who can be your mentor during your adoption journey.
- You get invited to the Annual Birthmother Celebration Luncheon, hosted by the agency, where we celebrate your and other birthmothers’ strength and choice for life. ( See photos from last year's celebration)
- Counselors will assist you with goal setting, based on your individual needs.
- Counselors offer information for community resources that can assist in other areas of your life